Friday, December 4, 2009

Cafe Rio Spicy Ranch Dressing

Here's another recipe from last night's progressive dinner. {I have one more I really want to post, but I have to get it first. It was the wassail. Ohhhh, YUM!}

I don't have a picture for this one. But, it tasted really good. Confession: I didn't really try it with salad (I tried a spoonful when I was done making it). I heard from others that it was good.


Cafe Rio Spicy Ranch Dressing

  • 3 Tomatillos
  • juice from 1/2 a Lime
  • 1/2 C. Buttermilk
  • 1/2 C. Mayo
  • 1/2 C. Sour Cream
  • 1 pkg. Dry Ranch
  • 1 C. Fresh Cilantro (I used some straight from my garden for the R.S. dinner) :-)
  • 5 Green Onions
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
  • 4 tsp. Sugar

Blend until smooth. (Start with pulsing a few times. Then blend well.)


The salad we had was Romaine lettuce mixed with spinach. We had many toppings to choose from including black beans, corn, tomatoes, red peppers, olives, avocados, fritos chips, red onions, and cheese.

(Wish I had been at the "salad" house to try some...)

No comments:

Post a Comment