Monday, November 2, 2009

Busy Halloween Week

Three of my kids, with three of their cousins.


It's been a week since my last post, but it seems like weeks! We've been so busy that I feel like there should have been multiple blog posts from each day last week. There just never seemed to be any time to blog about things. Now, I guess I'll try to fit it all in at once and only share a few of the more interesting things that we did.

My baby chick. I need to send this to Little Birdie Secrets. I got the idea from them.

I stayed up so late one night making/altering this Draco Malfoy costume.


Preschool Halloween Party:




7-year-old birthday party on Halloween Day:

We did crafts and snacks. I think they had fun. :-)

6 and 7-year-old's use a lot of mod podge!


This pic is of the mummy pizzas before they went into the oven.

And... Our dinner and dessert last night:

We made these Stuffed Pizza Rolls from The Best Bites blog. (see my last blog post about them.) We used our own homemade pizza dough recipe (I should have my husband post that here on my blog sometime...) This was SOOO yummy! A bit more work (just took a bit more time to assemble) but WELL worth it! Really, dipped in warm sauce, it's so much better than pizza! You've got to try it! We'd like to try this one next time.


And here is my family's first ever Pizookie! We all just grabbed spoons and ate it straight out of the pan together! And of course we LOVED it! (We don't usually have dessert after dinner - in fact it's really quite rare here.) We DO usually make cookies on Sunday evening, though, and last night we decided to bake it a little differently! Thanks to some awesome friends for introducing me to these yummy creations! (I live in a cave, apparently!)

3 comments:

  1. Love the costumes! Such a cute party too. I need to try some of the yummy recipes you post. Maybe one day I'll actually be a good cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you were busy, busy, busy. YOur kids costumes turned out super cute. Camilla looked awesome...well they all did actually.

    I love the pictures from the preschool party. Adorable.

    And last, do you think I could hire you as my personal chef. I don't like to cook much, so you could just come cook fun fancy meals for my family for me. What's your going rate?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. Tyler was excited to have Clayton be Draco Malfoy. You are one busy Momma!

    ReplyDelete